Click here to download installation instructions (PDF)
The Radium fuel pump hanger permits the use of one or two aftermarket fuel pumps and is compatible with the following vehicles:
2011+ Ford Mustang, All (S197/S550)
2011+ Shelby GT/GTS/GT350 (S197/S550)
2013-2014 Shelby GT500 (S197)
1. This system requires the use of an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator.
2. This system eliminates the OEM hanger's "post" fuel pump filter. A low micron aftermarket fuel filter should be installed downstream to protect the injectors from contaminants.
3. A full plumbing kit (FPR, filter, gauge, hoses, fittings, etc.) will be available from Radium Engineering soon.
The machined assembly mounts in the factory fuel tank using the OEM ring and gaskets and reuses the OEM fuel level sender. The pump out and return ports are machined with 8AN ORB (3/4"-16) threaded ports. A -8AN male pump feed fitting and -6AN male return fitting are included to simplify aftermarket -AN hose plumbing. The complete assembly fits under the OEM access cover without modification.
Unlike any others on the market, this kit includes an anodized aluminum collector box with a 1" check valve ball that serves as a trap door keeping the pump(s) supplied dynamically with fuel during aggressive driving. Furthermore, all returning fuel from the pressure regulator return and the crossover hose enter the collector box through a one-way duckbill valve keeping it full. The duckbill valve prevents back flow and reduces noise from fuel spray.
The custom designed stainless electrical studs easily handles the high current demand that compact bulkhead connectors lack. These serviceable connections are properly sealed and impervious to all standard and exotic fuels. The low profile design keeps all wiring tucked nicely underneath the OEM cover plate. Nylon acorn nuts are provided to prevent any accidental short circuits. Furthermore, the high quality in-tank wiring is insulated with chemically resistant PTFE.
The kit includes Radium's own venturi jet pump with interchangeable orifices. Without a properly designed jet pump, fuel cannot be properly transferred from the passive side of the OEM saddle bag fuel tank to the active side where the pump(s) reside. When fuel pump flow is increased, the OEM jet pump becomes too restrictive creating unwanted backpressure in the FPR return line causing excessive fuel rail pressure.
Single pump applications can reuse the OEM fuel pump controller wiring, but it is recommended to upgrade the wiring as these high flow fuel pumps draw additional current requiring larger gauge wire. Fuel pump wiring kits can be purchased HERE. Select qty1 for single pump applications and qty2 for dual pump applications.
-Anodized Aluminum Laser Etched Plate
-Anodized Aluminum Collector Box and Check Valve
-Anodized Aluminum Venturi Jet Pump with Multiple Orifices
-Anodized Aluminum 8AN Male Outlet Fitting
-Anodized Aluminum 6AN Male Inlet Fitting
-Anodized Aluminum Dual Pump Cradle
-PTFE Wire with Stainless Steel Terminals
-Fluorosilicone Duckbill Return Valve
-Stainless Steel Hardware and Clamps
If supplying your own pumps, select the option "Pumps Not Included" from the menu. The kit will arrive as shown below, some assembly is required. Consult the installation instructions.
1. There will be enough components included with this option to use 1 or 2 fuel pumps. Depending on the setup, some parts will simply not be used.
2. A pliable fuel pump filter sock like Radium 14-0143 must be used for proper fitment.
3. If pumps are needed, the kit will come preassembled with 65 micron sock filters installed on the fuel pump inlets.
4. A low micron filter still MUST be installed downstream on the main fuel feed line.
Help other Pro Speed Racing users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.