More Flow, more HP, more Performance but same series sizes. Along with increasing the wheel size, the compressor wheel blade shape and contour have been optimized to maximize flow while minimizing efficiency hits. BorgWarner also created a distinct compressor cover contour profile to maximize the air flow through the turbocharger. The new compressor wheels have been anodized black for visual impact and to differentiate the new models from existing EFR Series products. With the design changes to the compressor wheel and cover, the company's latest aftermarket parts will provide up to an extra 200 horsepower (hp) than was previously possible.
SuperCores are cartridges (CHRA) with compressor housing. They can be combined with any turbine housings for this turbocharger. This is particularly suitable if the desired configuration of the turbocharger with the desired exhaust gas housing is not available directly or if you want to use an turbine housing from a third-party manufacturer. In addition to the cartridge, the mounting kit for the turbine housing as well as the exhaust gas housing itself is always required. If the exhaust gas housing has a wastegate flap, you also need an internal wastegate actuator and a suitable holding plate.
Horsepower range: 500 - 950PS
Compressor wheel: Inducer 68mm, exducer 84mm
Turbine wheel Exducer: 74mm
Turbine housing : None
BorgWarner EFR Turbocharger was developed and built with only one goal in mind: To dominate on the road, race track and the 1/4 mile. BorgWarner EFR turbocharger features the latest high-tech features, unbeatable performance and top quality.
EFR turbos are available in 8 different sizes and 7 different turbine housings, the power ranges from 250-1100HP.
The combination of high-efficiency compressor wheel, gamma titanium aluminide turbine wheel combined with ceramic ball bearing technology sets the benchmark for racing turbochargers to the top and represents the highest level in racing sport turbocharging technology:
- Forged milled compressor wheel
- Integrated compressor recirculation valve
- Integrated boost control solenoid valve
- 360° rotatable by Vband technology
- Prepared for speed sensor (optionally available) for recording the speed of the compressor wheel. There you can analyse the compressor efficiency.
- Dual ceramic ball bearings
- Oil restrictor integrated
- Stainless steel exhaust gas housing
- Gamma Titanium Aluminide Exhaust wheel and shaft, 50% lighter than a comparable Inconel turbine wheel and extremely heat-resistant
- High-Flow Wastegate port
- Integrated wastegate (also available for the Twinscroll exhaust housings!)
Help other Pro Speed Racing users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.