- Fuel/Oil/Coolant System
Best Range of Titanium Exhaust Systems in Australia
Upgrading your vehicle’s system is perfect if you’re wanting to enhance power and performance. A titanium exhaust is guaranteed to suit any motor vehicle, whether it’s a performance car or motorcycle. This metal has been famous from its use in spaceships and surgical tools, as it is light but extremely strong – which is one of the reasons it’s a prime choice for enthusiasts who want to upgrade.
Is a Titanium Exhaust Muffler Really More Durable?
We pride ourselves on supplying parts that are built to last, and to achieve this they need to offer high-strength and low-density. Read on to check out the benefits of upgrading, how to maximise performance, and how to get the most out of your performance car.
Benefits of upgrading to a titanium tip exhaust
1. Weight – Titanium has a great strength-to-weight ratio. What does this mean for you? You’ll have better performance and increased fuel economy. Low weight is proven to improve on acceleration, handling and cruising speed.
2. Heat Dissipation – This kind of metal also possesses the benefit of dissipating heat a lot quicker than stock standard fits. Particularly when installed in conjunction with inlet manifolds and a cold air intake system, an upgraded pipe will cool quicker, prevent damage with heat protection, and maximise performance as a result.
3. Reliability – Unlike stainless steel, titanium is not corrosive, meaning it won't rust or stain. Its longevity is what makes it an excellent choice.
4. Style – Whilst style is not the most important thing to consider, it does play a role for many car enthusiasts, especially when it goes hand in hand with performance. Aimed at a visually enhancing appearance, titanium systems are famously recognisable due to the blueing occurring around the tailpipe – reminiscent of the blue flame.
5. Affordable – These pipes deliver an all-round upgrade, providing you with exceptional value for money. It’s important to remember that even though a stainless-steel exhaust is cost-efficient, it doesn’t necessarily mean that it outperforms titanium ones.
Care and maintenance tips
As well as using silicone hose kits to prolong your system’s longevity, cleanliness and maintenance are critical factors to consider if you want to get the most out of your aftermarket purchase. Read on to find out how to clean and maintain your exhaust for an enhanced life span.
- Using a cloth, clean the exhaust tip, then for use a contact cleaner to clean the pipes.
- To clean the muffler outer sleeve, we recommend using a multi-purpose spray lubricant (WD-40 or equivalent).
- The carbon-fibre outer sleeve should then be wiped with a soft dry cloth.
- In addition to this, we’ve found that applying a degreaser will help in breaking up carbon deposits and rust.
For further advice, contact our friendly team of experts at ProSpeed Racing. We’re on-hand to answer your questions and provide the right know-how when you’re upgrading any components.
Universal items are not application specific and may or may not suit your vehicle. Some items may be suitable but are listed as universal (ie wheel nuts, oil filters) and In some circumstances a product may not fit automatically but can still be used with some modification (ie. catch can/gauge pod etc.). Be sure to check if the product is right for you or ask us for assistance before purchasing. Filter universal products by selecting “Show Universal Products” from the filter products menu.