Pro Speed Racing can ship internationally but our website is not yet configured to process
international shipping. Please contact us below with your shipping address and a list of the
products you are looking to purchase so we can quote the shipping costs manually for you.
Thank you for visiting us!
Racing gear knobs for complete control
Correct gear shifting can be the difference between first and last place, so you want to know that you have total control over your transmission – no matter what kind of driving you are doing.
Hitting those gear changes at the right time will give you maximum acceleration and handling around those corners. Smooth changes will also put less stress on your engine and give you better performance all-round.
Do weighted shift knobs make a difference?
For street vehicles, the knob is more for aesthetics than function, and drivers tend to choose options that look good and feel right. When you want more from your performance vehicle, slightly heavier knobs have become the option of choice to get the most control.
- Smoother changes: Having the extra weight from billet aluminium or stainless steel provides more momentum in your gear changes, which means it will glide over resistance points without being slowed down or impacted.
- Better overall experience: While a bit more effort will be required to initiate the change, the extra weight will make the rest of the process faster and more effortless.
A lot of people ask, “Are weighted racing knobs bad for my transmission?” This is a myth, as there is no connection between the extra weight and wear and tear on your transmission. If anything, you will actually get more life out of your transmission, as your gear changing will be smoother and more accurate than before.
Highest quality aftermarket shift knobs
The range at Pro Speed Racing comes from industry-leading manufacturers that supply to leading race teams worldwide. We are your local supplier in Australia, and stock various types of racing knobs that are perfect for all styles of driving, including:
- Billet aluminium: As this variety is made from a solid block of metal (aluminium in most instances), it will be the most durable. There are no seams, no welds and no joins, just a perfectly crafted solution for your vehicle that has been designed to last the distance.
- Stainless steel: This is another prevalent material, and there is little wonder why. They are highly durable, corrosion-resistant and have the right amount of weight in them for superior performance. These can be shined up to boost the appearance of the interior of your vehicle.
- Long shifters: The length you choose ultimately comes down to personal preference. While most options are small and compact, some people prefer more extended options as it gives them more grip and control. Your throws will become longer, so make sure you have the cabin room to accommodate this.
- Short shifters: These improve your race times with smoother and faster changes.
- Shifter bushes: These soft rubber options improve gear changing and protect your transmission.
All the options at Pro Speed Racing have been engineered for performance racing and come in a wide range of colours and designs to suit your personal preferences.
Want the most out of your transmission and engine? Contact our expert team today for all your aftermarket advice and shifter kits solutions. We have everything you need to optimise your performance on the racetrack.